Nik Nak Studios
Based in Sydney, Australia
May 23rd, 2017 on Steam
Geneshift is a top-down shooter bursting with brutal gunplay and insane vehicle action. Unlock mutant skills and outplay friends in tactical online combat. Then play the co-op campaign to discover unlocks, battle zombies, and as always - save the world. NOTE: If you are a reviewer, streamer, youtuber or lets-player you are 100% free to write about or monetize anything to do with Geneshift. This press page exists for publicity after all, so go nuts!
Geneshift began as a hobby project back in 2008 and was first shared online in June 2009. It was originally called Subvein, then Mutant Factions and finally renamed to Geneshift. Geneshift continued development with the help of the community until it was Greenlit in 2014. At that point the developer - Ben Johnson of Nik Nak Studios - decided to take the game full-time. However Sydney is expensive, so he quit his job and took his laptop to cheap countries around the world. This most recently included a two year coding stint in Peru. After 8+ years of development Geneshift will launch on Steam on May 23rd, 2017.
- 8v8 Multiplayer Combat: Battle in modes such as Capture the Flag, Checkpoint Racing and Zombie Survival.
- 4 Player Co-op Campaign: Play the story solo or with friends online, and save the world from a mysterious outbreak.
- Over 20 Brutal Weapons: Fire pistols, shotguns, snipers, explosives... or save up for the deadly superweapons.
- Insane Vehicle Action: Ride with allies to do drive-by shootings, detonate car bombs and capture key objectives.
- Over 30 Tactical Skills: Create complex skill builds as you gain experience and permanently level up your mutant.
- Secret Base Building: Place hidden chemicals to gain secret benefits, like spying on enemies and teleportation.
- Leaderboards and Difficulties: Replay the campaign in 4 difficulty levels and set high scores on various leaderboards.
- Competitive Servers: Earn ranks in competitive servers that balance teams with a unique ELO rating system.
- User Generated Maps: Create maps with the built-in map editor. Earn credits whenever your maps are played.
- Cosmetic Unlocks: Unlock awesome cosmetic items such as capes, glowing bullets, lightsabers, and more!
Geneshift Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Geneshift has average rating on Game Jolt of 4.56/5.0 (placing it in the top 1% of all games)" http://gamejolt.com/games/geneshift/25926
- "...it sounds about as videogamey as videogames get"
- Brendan Caldwell, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Meet the indie dev who spent two years making a game in youth hostels abroad"
- Joe Donnelly, PC Gamer
- "Combining vehicle combat, mutant powers and an huge arsenal of weaponry, Geneshift promises some manic multiplayer fun."
- Sam Foxall, PCGamesN
- "It’s still in development so does have a few rough edges, but Geneshift already offers a wonderfully chaotic serving of OTT competitive multiplayer carnage full of drive-bys, zombie blasting and superpowers."
- KJ Robertson, Alpha Beta Gamer
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Nik Nak Studios
Nik Nak Studios is an Aussie game studio founded by Ben Johnson in 2008. It started in Sydney but now works from all over the world, most recently based in Peru.
More information on Nik Nak Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.