Nik Nak Studios
Based in Sydney, Australia
Q1 2017 on Steam
Geneshift is a top-down shooter bursting with brutal gunplay and insane vehicle action. Unlock tactical mutant skills and outplay your friends in fast-paced online combat. Then coordinate your mutant attacks to defeat the rebel scientists and their zombie army.
Geneshift began as a hobby project way back in 2008 and was first shared online in June 2009 under the name of Subvein. As the game evolved the name was changed to Mutant Factions and then to the final name of Geneshift. It continued development based on the feedback of a loyal fanbase for the next few years until being Greenlit in 2014. At that point the developer - Ben Johnson of Nik Nak Studios - decided to quit his job and take the game full-time. Sydney was very expensive however, so he quit his job, packed his bags and took his laptop on a coding adventure around the world! Geneshift was most recently developed in Peru, and will be released on Steam in Q1 2017!
- 16v16 Multiplayer Combat: Battle in modes such as Capture the Flag, Checkpoint Racing and Zombie Survival.
- 8 Player Co-op Campaign: Play solo or with up to 8 friends online to save the world from a zombie outbreak.
- Leaderboards and Difficulties: Replay the campaign in 4 difficulty levels and set high scores on various leaderboards.
- Over 20 Brutal Weapons: Fire pistols, shotguns, snipers, explosives... or save up for the deadly superweapons.
- Over 30 Tactical Skills: Unlock tactical skills such as Invisibility, Teleportation, Force Fields and Plasma Ball.
- Insane Vehicle Action: Ride with allies to do drive-by shootings, detonate car bombs and run enemies over.
- Secret Base Building: Build a chemical empire to sell weapons, warp across the map, and spy on enemies.
- Competitive Servers: Earn ranks in competitive servers that balance teams with a unique ELO rating system.
- User Generated Maps: Create maps with the built-in map editor. Earn credits whenever your maps are played.
- Cosmetic Unlocks: Unlock awesome cosmetic items such as capes, glowing bullets, lightsabers, and more!
Geneshift Teaser YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Geneshift is currently the 10th highest rated action game on Game Jolt, out over over 3000 games." Click the action tab on gamejolt.com to check out the glowing player reviews!
- "Driving actually feels really nice and drifting round corners while firing missiles from your hood like your James Bond is probably my favorite part of the game."
- Sean Couture, Retro Nuke
- "The game comes with a multitude of features and customization options said to keep gamers of all skill levels highly engaged."
- Patrick Tretina, Indie Game Magazine
- "I just spent 2 hours "testing" this game out. I'M AN ADDICT! Great job on the loads of options and the depth of the game. A+"
- Daniel Williams, Game Jolt
- "It looks neat actually."
- Kieron Gillen, Rock Paper Shotgun
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Nik Nak Studios
Nik Nak Studios is an Aussie game studio founded by Ben Johnson in 2008. It started in Sydney but now works from all over the world, most recently based in Peru.
More information on Nik Nak Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.